PED Academy (Primary Education Academy) is a non-profit organization that aims to provide ongoing development and education of children. It is based upon a comprehensive educational concept called PED, which includes the teaching of English language, as well as additional subjects. The organization also incorporates the concept of school clubs, in both English and Czech language.
The program complements both regular and bilingual education, as taught within the school curriculum of each school, and is available to all interested students of the school, within a particular grade.
Bilingual PED program includes instruction of the following subjects:
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE ( PED concept of reading, grammar and composition)
- ROZČES (advanced reading and Czech language)
- ROZUM (advanced Maths)
- ROZDĚL (study and skill development)
- ROZOS (personal growth)
|Bilingual program PED||1. grade||2. grade||3. grade||4. grade||5. grade||Total|
|Total (hours/week in each grade)||8||8||8||9||9||42|
|Complementary interest clubs||1. grade||2. grade||3. grade||4. grade||5. grade||Total|
|English club (after-school club)||4||4||0||8|
|Preparation for „multi-year“
|Total (hours/week in each grade)||4||4||0||2||4||14|
|Total PED and Clubs||12||12||8||11||13||56|
Shaded hours are taught in English. Prior knowledge of English is not required. The youngest children are divided into groups according to their level of proficiency in English.
Sessions take place every normal school day, after school.
The tuition is 69000 CZK.
- All PED materials are included in the tuition
- textbooks, work-books, and worksheets
- English library facilities, to support reading for each grade
- PED presentation for classes ROZDĚL, ROZUM, ROZČES,
- concepts for verbal thinking development tests
- modern equipment for recreational activities
- games for use during recess
- technical support for teachers, and parental services
- and much more…
- We guarantee the continuous oversight of PED, provided by methodology specialists and psychologists, in co-operation with program partners.
- The aforementioned price also includes after-school free-time clubs.